Yes! Our little(?) baby Seth is already 1 month old today!!! We can’t believe how fast he is growing!! Our arms are getting pretty strong….;) We cannot get enough of him! He brightens our day everyday and we can’t imagine a life without him now.
Seth’s first month :
- Grew out of “newborn” items…onesies, cute outfits and diapers! (Actually this happened around 3weeks!)
- Can push himself with his feet to move (no strength in his hands yet)
- Seth’s neck is so strong that he can lift his head and switch direction while laying down.
- Can stay awake during the day for a short period of time.
- Coos and smiles :) Cries only when he wants something lol
- Can drink mommy’s milk from a bottle so that daddy can feed him, too.
- Loves laying on the diaper change pad and stretch after he wakes up from his nap.
- Doesn’t like a paci. We tried to give different brands to him and every time he spits it right out lol But he likes to suck on this:
- Is not a big fan of his car seat, but loves the car ride.
- Sleeps in his crib to take naps and in a bassinet at night.
- Met(?!) a new friend, Frankie (only a day apart). They spent their first “play date” sleeping lol:
- Seth sleeps well, eats well and poops/pees well!!! Such a healthy boy!
And most of all…. he is a full of fun expressions already!!
We love you, Seth and happy 1 month!
*Seth’s 1 month check up: 10.25LB 23.5 inches :)
It’s been a long time since our last update. Many exciting things have happened since the last update (hopefully we can at least post pictures later), however, we MUST super fast forward to the news of the arrival of our son!
Ei went from this (@14 weeks):
To this (@39 weeks):
And finally after waiting and carrying this big boy for 10 months….@39 weeks 4 days, Seth Yutaka Ruiz has finally joined us into this world on Wednesday, October 16th, 2013 @10:59pm! He was 8 lb 5.1oz and 19 inches long. What a big boy!
Daddy got to hold Seth for the first time…
And finally three of us together :)
This is Seth @2 days old:
It’s been a big adjustment for all three of us. We are so thankful that Miguel’s mom and Ei’s parents arrived on the day Seth was born to help us out at home. Also some church families brought us food so we don’t go hungry. Ei has been breastfeeding and Seth is eating very well. @ his two-week check up, his weight was 8 lb 7oz!
Seth is so full of expressions already!
Ok, before you get sick of baby pictures, we will stop here for now. Just like any parents, we are going crazy taking pictures of every moment of this little God’s miracle. We are hoping to update our blog as we are able since we have been a bit short on sleep these days.
We thank you for your continuous prayers and support. We hope to bring Seth to meet our friends and families very soon!
Have a great weekend :)
We celebrate our 6 year anniversary today! We can’t believe another year has gone by! This year is especially special, because we have been together for 10 years (4 yrs dating + 6 yrs married!) as a couple AND we are going to be parents!
Today also marks Ei’s 6 months of pregnancy! The baby is doing very well. We can feel him kick now!! This is baby Ruiz at 21wks2d and we found out that we are going to have a BOY!!
Look at his hand! We think he is already ready to conduct a choir lol
And this is Ei’s belly at 24 weeks (6 months). He is definitely growing!
We can’t be more excited about our little baby! As we celebrate our anniversary today, we are so thankful for the past 10 years as a couple and looking forward to many more years together!
Have a great week, everyone!